Creative Veggie Rice
1 cup cooked cauliflower, broccoli and carrot vegetable rice.
Salt to taste
1 teaspoons butter, margarine or olive oil
- IDDSI Level 5 Minced & Moist
- Add vegetables to a pot of boiling water, or a microwave steamer, and cook until soft. Drain cooked vegetable rice into a strainer, place back into the saucepan, add butter/margarine or olive oil, and mash with a mashing tool.
- Testing IDDSI Level 5: Check the vegetable rice using the fork test. The pieces should be no larger than 4mm and should pass through the tines of a fork.
- Serving: Plating tip: place a scone cutter on a plate and fill to the top with the vegetable rice. Remove the
scone cutter carefully.
Test the texture: Is it IDDSI Level 5 Minced & Moist?
- Soft and Moist, but with no liquid leaking or dripping from the food
- Biting is not required
- Minimal chewing required
- Lumps of 4mm in size (fit through prongs of a fork)
- Lumps can be mashed with the tongue
- Food can be easily mashed with just a little pressure from a fork
- Should be able to scoop food onto a fork, with no liquid dripping and no crumbs falling off the fork